CDM Co-ordinator / Planning Supervisor
The role of the CDM co-ordinator is one that demands expertise, good judgement and innovative thinking if the client's interests and obligations under the CDM regulations are to be represented and fulfilled. As CDM Co-ordinators, our primary function is to act as the Client’s key project advisors in respect of construction health and safety risk management, and manage the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors. We will:
- Explain the legal responsibilities to clients under "Construction, (Design and Management) Regulations 2007"
- Complete a Pre Tender Health and Safety Plan
- Obtain or produce risk assessments from designers
- Ensure a competent Principal Contractor is appointed
- Ensure a "Construction phase health and safety plan" is produced prior to work on site
- Correlate an "Operation and maintenance manual" for the future maintenance and running of the building