Founded in 1979, Howarth Litchfield’s reputation has been built on delivering world-class architectural, interior design, surveying and management services. We offer award winning architectural solutions and unique designs, proactively working with our clients’ to deliver high quality projects based on a thorough understanding of the vision, aspirations and objectives.
Our professional and friendly team strives to be one of the finest architectural consultancy firms contributing to client success, wherever we work.
The unique multi-disciplinary capability provides reliable total project solutions or selective professional services to seamlessly fit any project requirement.
We have won regional RICS awards for the last five years and Sacriston Surgery was Building of the Year in 2009.
In 2011 we picked up accolades in conservation and community sections, which recognise the diverse skills that HLP have used for all of our clients.
Southampton University Framework - success
Having been shortlisted earlier in the year, we have been selected by Southampton University onto their 4 year Framework as Architects, Interior Designers and Master Planners.
Our Director, Jonathan Yates stated, “We are thrilled with this appointment. Having collaborated within Higher Education for many years, this further expands our position and we look forward to supporting Southampton University deliver their ambitious programme of projects.”
Cater for change at affordable price
Vertu Motors plc - new Headquarters
Congratulations to Vertu Motors plc who officially opened their new headquarters in Team Valley, yesterday evening.
The opening was attended by Mr James Wharton, MP for Stockton South and the Northern Powerhouse Minister and Mr Robert Forrester, Chief Executive Officer, Vertu Motors plc.
Photo left to right: Mr James Wharton and Mr Robert Forrester.
Office Manager/Marketing Administrator
We are currently advertising for:-
Office Manager/Marketing Administrator
An Office Manager is required to facilitate smooth running of office operations and procedures and provide PA support to the Directors, in order to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. This includes management of the reception/administration team and coordination of building maintenance with a designated senior member of staff.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be required to work independently with little or no supervision and also as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the directors manage an award winning architectural and interior design studio based in the North East with a national portfolio of clients.
General Duties –
- Coordination of maintenance, mailing, suppliers, equipment, bills etc.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments-manage directors calendars
- Work alongside Directors to maintain office policies as necessary
- Liaise with H&S Coordinator with regard to office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT on all office equipment as necessary
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office supplies companies and service providers
- Ensure that weekly petty cash is balanced and accounted for.
- Supervision and monitoring of reception and administration staff
- Dealing with recruitment notices, uploading advertisements, monitoring applications etc
- Organising induction programmes for new employees
- Ensure monthly invoicing is recorded by admin and data given to accounts manager
- Ensure that all refreshment supplies are stocked
- Ensure filing systems are kept up to date, including archiving files and sending to storage facility.
- Liaise with senior member of staff with regard to facilities management and maintenance
- Arrange reception cover over lunch or absence as necessary - arranging any temporary staff if needed
- Control all company memberships ensuring that they are current, obtaining certificates for display in reception/meeting areas
- Working with RAPPORT database system, updating status of projects, added new projects/contacts and amending information
Responsibilities – Marketing Administrator
- Experience of bid management, presentation and submission is essential.
- Update website and social media with news items, images etc as required
- Liaise with Directors, Senior Associate, Associates and other members of staff as to content of marketing information/documentation
- Create/amend marketing documentation using templates
- Creating data sheets as projects are completed
- Creating presentations via PowerPoint
- Prepare and collate bid/ tender documents as necessary
- Download all information in relation to tenders
- Monitor and collate all information regarding tenders and ensure submission dates are adhered to
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience-preferably within an architectural design studio
- Knowledge of Office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Experience in marketing would be an advantage and this role will be developed.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to
Howarth Litchfield Partnership, 4 Old Elvet, Durham, DH1 3HL.
Telephone: 0191 3849470.